A compound that contains analgesic properties, which helps to mitigate pain. Menthol creates a powerful cooling sensation that counters pain signals targeting the brain.
- Menthol: a natural analgesic compound.
- More than cool: promiscuous relationships of menthol and other sensory compounds.
- The effect of menthol on cold allodynia in patients with neuropathic pain.
- Cutaneous application of menthol 10% solution as an abortive treatment of migraine without aura: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossed-over study.
- Central mechanisms of menthol-induced analgesia.
- Effect of topical menthol on ipsilateral and contralateral superficial blood flow following a bout of maximum voluntary muscle contraction.
- Acute effect of topical menthol on chronic pain in slaughterhouse workers with carpal tunnel syndrome: triple-blind, randomized placebo-controlled trial.